Drifting is a driving technique where a person intentionally oversteers. This leads to loss of traction in the rear wheels or all tires. The driver then steers the vehicle while still maintaining control. Drifting is used for recreational purposes and as a competition.
Drifting RC cars gives users the thrill that once would experience when using an actual car. If you are new to this or you have previously had trouble picking the perfect RC car, this article will give you some of the best on the market.
Our Top 3 Picks:
- 【2 in 1 Mode】Combined with car and robot, this RC transformer car could transform automatically from car to robot when you press the button on the remote control. Transforms back and forth fluently. Please note that the car should be paralleled to ground when deformed.You can fully control the speed and direction and move to the left, right, forward and backward. Easy to operate both for kids and adults.
- 【Auto Demo And 360°Drifting】The remote control transformer will present the wonderful show after you pressing the demo button. And it can make stunt360°speed drifting both in car shape and robot models.High quality transforming robot car toy of lots of function. Ready for the fierce competition!
- 【Real Police Car With Cool Led Lights】Made of high-quality ABS plastic with sturdy rubber tires and 5 flexible steering wheels. Good wear resistance and pressure resistance for safe play by children. Real police car model car toy perfect for role play. Bring your kids wonderful play experiences!
- 【Strong Remot Control And Long Running Time】Designed with 2.4 GHz transmitter system, simultaneous play for multiple people is allowed. Comes with 3 rechargeable 1.2V AA NiMH batteries, the transforming RC robot car can last 45 minutes after full charge. Fast to charge with USB charging.
- 【Perfect Gift For Kids Toddlers】Great transformers RC toys for boys and girls who are obsessed with robots and cars / police cars. It could be as a collection or a gift for friends and family, or as a home or vehicle decoration, suitable for kid's toy, racing, competition and games. Best Christmas and birthday present for boys and girls.
- ✅ DRIFTING - The racing car is super fast, responsive, full function, and remote controlled. You can freely control the speed & directions, and perform U-shape drifts or Figure 8 drifts with ease. Also features pro steering (go forward and backward, turn left and right).
- ✅ FEATURES - Working headlights, backlights, side lights, as well as a blue underglow for serious players. Adjustable front wheel alignment for advanced drifting.
- ✅ SPARE TIRES - The car is equipped with 4 smooth tires for drifting, and comes with 4 extra rubber tires & wheels (easily interchangeable) for speed racing.
- ✅ DIMENSIONS - Measures 7.5 inches long in 1:24 scale. Requires 4 x AAA batteries for car and 2 x AA batteries for controller. Batteries NOT included.
- ✅IDEAL GIFT - Comes in an exquisite gift box. Perfect as birthday present for both boys and girls. Made of durable ABS plastic material. 100% safe and non-toxic. The exquisite gift box is suitable as a gift for kids and teens.
- This drift car is drive by 2.4G remote control, you can drift with multiple cars and performs U-shaped drift, Figure 8 drift, action sensitive, beautiful gesture.
- High quality PC material car shell, like a real car, excellent flexibility, to prevent the impact of rupture.
- Comes with 4 of SPEED tires and 4 DRIFT dedicated tires, you can just enjoy drifting with these tires.
- Charging and Running time : 90min will fully charge,Running about 10-15 mins (The light won't turn dark after full charged,don't overcharge,please noted).
- Customer satisfaction is our top priority, if you have any issue about this drift car, please feel free to contact us, we are here for you.
- Our Top 3 Picks:
- List of The Best Remote Control Drifting Cars:
- 10. Exceed RC MadSpeed Brushless Edition Electric Car
- 9. Exceed RC MadDrift Limited Edition RTR Drift Car
- 8. Tamiya Series No.612 TT-02D Chassis
- 7. Overdose Scion Weld FR0-S OD1987
- 6. CARISMA RC M40S Touring Car
- 5. FSTgo RC Car, 9118 Red
- 4. Exceed RC Driftstar RTR
- 3. Jada Toys Nissan Skyline GT-R (BN34)
- 2. Tamiya 1/10 RC Car Series No.584 TT-02D Chassis Kit
- 1. Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car, Blue
List of The Best Remote Control Drifting Cars:
10. Exceed RC MadSpeed Brushless Edition Electric Car
Unlike the MadDrift Limited Edition model, the design of this car focuses on speed rather than the drifting ability of the car. It has a unique centralized low center of gravity design that keeps it on the track during high speeds. There are detailed side view mirrors that add a touch of class to the RC car.
The wheels are made from rubber to ensure that it always remains on the track. The package comes with a street-ready detailed drift body that lasts for long.
9. Exceed RC MadDrift Limited Edition RTR Drift Car
One thing that you will like about the car is its unique centralized design. This lowers the center of gravity to prevent the car from toppling when at high speeds. The RC car comes street-ready with a high strength drift body to last for long.
Its design also incorporates the use of durable oil-filled shocks that will protect it during bumpy races. This car uses a 2.4 GHz pistol transmitter that perfectly fits into your arm thanks to its ergonomic design.
8. Tamiya Series No.612 TT-02D Chassis
Tamiya brand 1/10 scale electric powered chassis kit comes with a Nismo Coppermix Silvia body. The body is sturdy enough to handle extreme levels of usage. It is a 4-wheel car with shaft driven lights both on the front and back. The car has fully independent double wishbone shocks making it ideal even in demanding terrain. The radio is a 2-channel device and has a high-speed steering servoBattery.
7. Overdose Scion Weld FR0-S OD1987
Overdose is company that has existed for many years. Its products are trusted hence you can never go wrong with owning this amazing RC car from this reputable company. It is made from Lexan: A polycarbonate material that has a high impact strength.
This gives the body of the car a sturdy structure to ensure that it lasts even in demanding tracks. The front width is 196mm and the rear width is 200mm. this allows for easy portability and storage in compact spaces.
6. CARISMA RC M40S Touring Car
The CARISMA RC M40S Touring Car is a Tru Hobby Grade RC car that has a quality build to ensure that it lasts for long. It remote control is easy to use for beginners and its ergonomic design allows for long periods of playtime.
Once you buy the package, all you need to do is charge the battery fully and run. The experience you will get is compared to one of owning a super racing car at an attractive price.
5. FSTgo RC Car, 9118 Red
This is a high-speed car that uses a 2.4 GHz remote control that works up to a distance of 80 meters. It has realistic flat run tires made of rubber for an extra grip on the track. The car is powered by a powerful motor and comes with an included battery.
The battery has a 500mAh capacity while the transmitter requires 8AA batteries that are not included in the package. This battery size ensures that you have 10-15 minutes of playtime on a single full charge.
4. Exceed RC Driftstar RTR
This is an electric RC car from a reputable company. It features a four-wheel-drive system ensuring that you are always in control. The car also has an excellent front/rear camber and toe-in set up to offer the perfect drift.
The chassis incorporates the use of an anodized aluminum center long drive shaft. This toy car is powered by a powerful RC 540 motor for optimum performance.
3. Jada Toys Nissan Skyline GT-R (BN34)
The design of this car mimic the Nissan GTR vehicle. This toy car is known for its high performance and drifting action that will get you thrilled as you race with your friends on the track.
It has a turbo button that increases the speed spontaneously ensuring that you always come fast when racing. The controller has a pistol grip design to comfortably fit into your palm for a comfortable grip. The product ships with extra set of tires in case the ones you are using get worn out. Charging it is easy, all you have to do is plug it to a power port using a USB cable.
2. Tamiya 1/10 RC Car Series No.584 TT-02D Chassis Kit
Unlike the other RC cars that come complete, this product is only a chassis kit. You need to have a separate fitting body to mount on it. The advantage of buying it is that you can customize your car to meet your needs.
The complete package includes one Tamiya TT02D Drift Spec Chassis kit with a brushed motor, Driftech Tires, Decals and instructions. Its radio is a 2-channel device and has a high-speed steering servo-electronic speed control.
1. Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car, Blue
This is arguably one of the best drift cars that you can get on the market. It features a 7.2V 2000mAh battery for longer drive time. The package comes with an included charger for recharging the battery when it runs out. Its body is made of a vivid polycarbonate material to last for long. This amazing RC car also has aluminum capped oil filled shocks making it suited even for bumpy surfaces. Its radio requires 8AA batteries that are bought separately.
Most of these cars are made from quality materials so that they last long for you to get the best out of them. If you are looking for the perfect drifting RC car for personal recreation or for racing against your friends, you need to pick any of the above. You will definitely get value for your money.