Drifting is a driving technique where a person intentionally oversteers. This leads to loss of traction in the rear wheels or all tires. The driver then steers the vehicle while still maintaining control. Drifting is used for recreational purposes and as a competition.
Drifting RC cars gives users the thrill that once would experience when using an actual car. If you are new to this or you have previously had trouble picking the perfect RC car, this article will give you some of the best on the market.
Our Top 3 Picks:
- One-Button Deformation:This remote control robot car is 2-in-1 model car toy, and can be changed from car to robot with one button click, which transforms back and forth easily to have a great fun
- 360° Rotation & One-Click Demo:With a flexible drifting wheel on the bottom , this robot racing car can finish 360 degree rotation in both car and robot model flexibly, and kids can enjoy great fun with auto demo function.
- Functions: Forward, backward, 4WD, 28km/h, cool appearance, 2.4GHz ratio control system, bright headlights and reversing lights, high quality materials, multi-functional controller.
- 2.4GHz Ratio Control System: The max control distance is more than 50m, two or more RC vehicle can be racing together without remote confusion.
- 4 Wheels Drive High Speed: Equipped with 4WD system and powerful motors this car has strong power and driving force, its speed will reach up to 20 MPH ( 30+ KM/H ), it will give you you a great racing experience.
- 2.4Ghz Remote Control: The remote control frequency is 2.4Ghz, it has long control distance ( reach 160 feet ) good anti-jamming capability, suitable for more cars work at the same time without Interference, kids playing the toys together will get more joy.
List of The Best Remote Control Drifting Cars:
10. Exceed RC MadSpeed Brushless Edition Electric Car
Unlike the MadDrift Limited Edition model, the design of this car focuses on speed rather than the drifting ability of the car. It has a unique centralized low center of gravity design that keeps it on the track during high speeds. There are detailed side view mirrors that add a touch of class to the RC car.
The wheels are made from rubber to ensure that it always remains on the track. The package comes with a street-ready detailed drift body that lasts for long.
9. Exceed RC MadDrift Limited Edition RTR Drift Car
One thing that you will like about the car is its unique centralized design. This lowers the center of gravity to prevent the car from toppling when at high speeds. The RC car comes street-ready with a high strength drift body to last for long.
Its design also incorporates the use of durable oil-filled shocks that will protect it during bumpy races. This car uses a 2.4 GHz pistol transmitter that perfectly fits into your arm thanks to its ergonomic design.
8. Tamiya Series No.612 TT-02D Chassis
Tamiya brand 1/10 scale electric powered chassis kit comes with a Nismo Coppermix Silvia body. The body is sturdy enough to handle extreme levels of usage. It is a 4-wheel car with shaft driven lights both on the front and back. The car has fully independent double wishbone shocks making it ideal even in demanding terrain. The radio is a 2-channel device and has a high-speed steering servoBattery.
7. Overdose Scion Weld FR0-S OD1987
Overdose is company that has existed for many years. Its products are trusted hence you can never go wrong with owning this amazing RC car from this reputable company. It is made from Lexan: A polycarbonate material that has a high impact strength.
This gives the body of the car a sturdy structure to ensure that it lasts even in demanding tracks. The front width is 196mm and the rear width is 200mm. this allows for easy portability and storage in compact spaces.
6. CARISMA RC M40S Touring Car
The CARISMA RC M40S Touring Car is a Tru Hobby Grade RC car that has a quality build to ensure that it lasts for long. It remote control is easy to use for beginners and its ergonomic design allows for long periods of playtime.
Once you buy the package, all you need to do is charge the battery fully and run. The experience you will get is compared to one of owning a super racing car at an attractive price.
5. FSTgo RC Car, 9118 Red
This is a high-speed car that uses a 2.4 GHz remote control that works up to a distance of 80 meters. It has realistic flat run tires made of rubber for an extra grip on the track. The car is powered by a powerful motor and comes with an included battery.
The battery has a 500mAh capacity while the transmitter requires 8AA batteries that are not included in the package. This battery size ensures that you have 10-15 minutes of playtime on a single full charge.
4. Exceed RC Driftstar RTR
This is an electric RC car from a reputable company. It features a four-wheel-drive system ensuring that you are always in control. The car also has an excellent front/rear camber and toe-in set up to offer the perfect drift.
The chassis incorporates the use of an anodized aluminum center long drive shaft. This toy car is powered by a powerful RC 540 motor for optimum performance.
3. Jada Toys Nissan Skyline GT-R (BN34)
The design of this car mimic the Nissan GTR vehicle. This toy car is known for its high performance and drifting action that will get you thrilled as you race with your friends on the track.
It has a turbo button that increases the speed spontaneously ensuring that you always come fast when racing. The controller has a pistol grip design to comfortably fit into your palm for a comfortable grip. The product ships with extra set of tires in case the ones you are using get worn out. Charging it is easy, all you have to do is plug it to a power port using a USB cable.
2. Tamiya 1/10 RC Car Series No.584 TT-02D Chassis Kit
Unlike the other RC cars that come complete, this product is only a chassis kit. You need to have a separate fitting body to mount on it. The advantage of buying it is that you can customize your car to meet your needs.
The complete package includes one Tamiya TT02D Drift Spec Chassis kit with a brushed motor, Driftech Tires, Decals and instructions. Its radio is a 2-channel device and has a high-speed steering servo-electronic speed control.
1. Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car, Blue
This is arguably one of the best drift cars that you can get on the market. It features a 7.2V 2000mAh battery for longer drive time. The package comes with an included charger for recharging the battery when it runs out. Its body is made of a vivid polycarbonate material to last for long. This amazing RC car also has aluminum capped oil filled shocks making it suited even for bumpy surfaces. Its radio requires 8AA batteries that are bought separately.
Most of these cars are made from quality materials so that they last long for you to get the best out of them. If you are looking for the perfect drifting RC car for personal recreation or for racing against your friends, you need to pick any of the above. You will definitely get value for your money.