Buying inflatable sleeping bags so that you can use them for sleeping can be a wonderful idea in ensuring that you are comfortable as you sleep or lay down to relax your body. So many people do buy these mats buy they do not know which one’s are the best, but as revealed by experts the inflatable ones can be the best for you. With mats, you will not have any challenges as you relax.
There are many inflatable sleeping bags available in the market today. The type of sleeping bag you get would be based on your camping trip. If you plan on camping in places with high mountains, then the three-season synthetic sleeping bags will be suitable. The synthetic sleeping bags with temperature rating at 20 degrees are the most preferred amongst buyers. The inflatable synthetic bags are very easy to clean and won’t keep water in for long.
If you wish to buy these inflatable sleeping bags you will find that there are many of them on the market, some of the Top 10 best inflatable camping sleeping pads that you can buy are:
- Our Top Picks:
- Top 10 Best Inflatable Sleeping Pads Reviews:
- 1. CampBro Inflatable Backpacking Camping Sleeping Mat
- 2. Abco Tech Sleeping Bag with Compression Sack
- 3. Outdoorsman Lab Ultralight Sleeping Pad
- 4. Klymit Static V2 Ultralight Sleeping Pad (2019 Model)
- 5. WELLAX Ultralight Air Sleeping Pad
- 6. IFORREST Sleeping Pad with Armrest & Pillow
- 7. FreeLand Camping Sleeping Pad Self Inflating with Attached Pillow
- 8. Coleman Self-Inflating Camping Pad with Pillow
- 9. Lightspeed Outdoors XL Super Plush FlexForm Premium Self-Inflating Sleep and Camp Pad
- 10. TNH Outdoors Premium Self Inflating Sleeping Pad
- Inflatable Sleeping Bag for Camping Buying Guide
- The Three Types of Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping Bag Insulation
- Sleeping Bag Temperature Ratings
- Caring for a Sleeping Bag
- Things to Consider When Buying Inflatable Sleeping Bags
Our Top Picks:
Top 10 Best Inflatable Sleeping Pads Reviews:
1. CampBro Inflatable Backpacking Camping Sleeping Mat
Buy now on Amazon
This pad is 2 inches thick and uses air cubed surface design cells so that you are able to adjust your body for you to have warmth, support, and optimal comfort. Including a push valve which allows fast deflation and inflation.
It has a snap-on on each side so that you can connect two pads for more comfort and space. It is very light for you to easily carry it anywhere you are going.
2. Abco Tech Sleeping Bag with Compression Sack
The kind of sleeping bag has a barrel design that is narrow at the legs and wide at the shoulders so that you can have maximum freedom, warmth, and comfort. These bags are easy to clean and carry since they come with a carrying bag. It is made of pure polyester lining which is not harmful to the skin.
3. Outdoorsman Lab Ultralight Sleeping Pad
Buy now on Amazon
This is a 2-inch ultralight sleeping pad that uses interconnected air cells that can adjust to your body shape so that you can have warmth, support, and optimal comfort. It weighs only 16oz and can be folded down to 8 by 3 by 3 inches therefore able to easily fit in your backpack.
Moreover, it also has an easy to use air valve which can allow you to have quick inflation and deflation. It is designed for weatherproof and durable nylon fabric.
4. Klymit Static V2 Ultralight Sleeping Pad (2019 Model)
It is a very affordable lightweight sleeping pad that you can use when you are camping which has a V- chamber design that can limit heat loss and air movement so that you can have better comfort and support. Also, it has an easy to use air valve which can allow you to have quick inflation and deflation
5. WELLAX Ultralight Air Sleeping Pad
With this pad, you will be able to get maximum warmth and comfort for your body since your weight will be supported by flexing cells. With its single layer of air cells that can offer you the lightest and smallest packed volume without hindering your comfort.
The TPU layer and ripstop nylon offer the best balance between durability and low weight. It is able to reflect back the radiant heat to you when you are sleeping, resists tear, waterproof and is very silent.
6. IFORREST Sleeping Pad with Armrest & Pillow
This pad will offer you the maximum comfort that you need while you are camping. It has armrests which makes it easy for you to relax your arms and head. It is easy to use since you will only unfold it and start to use it. Also, this is made of 190T polyester which is waterproof.
7. FreeLand Camping Sleeping Pad Self Inflating with Attached Pillow
With this sleeping pad, able to offer you the warmth and comfort that you need. It is very lightweight and compact in size for you to easily carry it in your backpack. Made of 190T polyester which is weather-resistant, durable, soft, resists tear.
It also has a tufted design for additional comfort and cushion. It even has split joint design which can assist you to connect two or more sleeping pads for group, couples and family camping.
8. Coleman Self-Inflating Camping Pad with Pillow
This is an inflatable sleeping pad that offers extra cushioning when you are camping. The tufted and soft design provides the extra layer for padding between the ground and the sleeping pad. It is able to inflate itself without using a pump. Made of polyester shell which is very durable. The compression straps are able to force out air for it to be deflated quickly.
9. Lightspeed Outdoors XL Super Plush FlexForm Premium Self-Inflating Sleep and Camp Pad
This sleeping pad has a weight of 6.0 lbs, a rolled size of 30 by 7.75 inches and an open size of 77 by 30 by 3 inches. It is able to keep you exceptionally warm through the 9.66 maximum R-value. It also has dual oversize air valves so that they can assist in fast deflation and inflation. In includes oversize carrying bag and compression straps.
10. TNH Outdoors Premium Self Inflating Sleeping Pad
It has a thick design of 1.5 inches which ensures that you are comfortable. With this pad, you will not be able to feel the uneven surfaces and bumps which are found on the ground.
The most important factor is the temperature rating of the bag. If the mat states that it is rated as a 20, that means it is suitable for temperatures down to 20 degrees. Use this formula to figure out which bag you need. Knowing the temperature rating for the mat is crucial for keeping you warm in the environment you will be in. Don’t buy a summer rated bag and use it in the snow!
If you are in a damp climate, make sure you get a bag that has either a waterproof coating on it or a shell that repels moisture. Nobody likes to wake up in a wet sleeping bag.
Inflatable Sleeping Bag for Camping Buying Guide
If you have ever been camping, you will understand how cold the nights can get. You will be shivering all through the night if you don’t have a sleeping bag to comfort you. Sleeping bags are the most important piece of equipment that you must get when going camping. This detailed guide will help you with your decision to buy inflatable sleeping bags for camping. After following this guide, you would enjoy camping without worrying about the long cold nights that deprive you of good sleep.
The Three Types of Sleeping Bags
If you are thinking of buying a sleeping bag for camping, you should know that there are three types available in the market today:
Winter Sleeping Bag
- The winter sleeping bags come in two forms. One has a temperature of 0° degrees while the second type usually comes with temperature ratings of -20° or -40° degrees. If you are going to be camping in a very cold region, the sleeping bag with a temperature rating of -20° degrees Fahrenheit will be more preferable. When camping in colder regions with high-altitude mountain terrains, the -40° degrees will be more suitable.
Goose Down Winter Sleeping Bag
- Most people prefer this type of sleeping bag. It has the right insulation temperature perfect for your camping in cold regions. When you keep this warm sleeping bag with you, even if the weather changes, your safety won’t be threatened. The insulation of the goose down sleeping bag will give you warmth and comfort. It would also be easy to pack because it is inflammable.
Marmot Three Season Synthetic Sleeping Bag
- This synthetic sleeping bag is the most popular of the three types and has more functions. Just as the name implies the three-season synthetic sleeping bags serve all purposes. Whether you are camping during summer or winter, you can use it. It comes with an insulating temperature between 15-20° degrees above zero.
- This type of sleeping bag will dry quickly even when there is moisture. Synthetic material dries quickly and will be able to retain its insulation even if it is wet. It is better than the goose down sleeping bag in this regard which takes a longer time to get dry.
- If you also think about the carriage, the three seasons sleeping bag is lighter and very easy to carry in your bag pack. The most important thing is for you to only pack it when it is dry. You can protect the sleeping bag from moisture by always keeping it in a waterproof stuff sack.
Sleeping Bag Insulation
- When buying an inflatable sleeping bag, you should know that you can either get the synthetic or the goose down insulation. The goose down sleeping bag is warmer and very light to carry around. However, when it gets wet, it quickly loses its insulation and will take longer to dry.
- The synthetic sleeping bags, on the other hand, can be cleaned easily and will dry quickly. They are the most preferred choice for users and you can carry them during the wet season for your camping trip. The synthetic sleeping bags are more affordable than the goose down sleeping bags.
Sleeping Bag Temperature Ratings
- The temperature rating of any sleeping bag is the amount of warmth an individual will get from using the product. When buying an inflatable sleeping bag, you need to first add 10-15° degrees to the real temperature rating. If the product states that the sleeping bag has a temperature rating of 20° degrees, then you should expect the sleeping bag tow provide temperatures around 30-35° degrees. When a sleeping bag has enough heat it is better because you can cool it down by unzipping the bag a little. You can’t keep a cold sleeping bag warm.
Caring for a Sleeping Bag
- Another thing you should know about buying inflatable sleeping bags is that they are very easy to clean. You should make sure that your sleeping bag is dry before you store it. The goose down bags cannot be kept in a stuff sack but you should keep it in a laundry bag instead. However, the synthetic sleeping bags can stay on stuff sack.
- Sleeping bags can be washed using a front load washer with a small amount of soap and cold water. It is not advisable to dry clean a sleeping bag and most especially the sleeping bags that are goose down.
Things to Consider When Buying Inflatable Sleeping Bags
Before you set out on your camping trip, you will need to get your sleeping bed. There are many products to choose from when buying inflatable sleeping beds. Here are some of the things people consider when buying Inflatable sleeping bags.
- You should get an inflatable sleeping bag with a temperature rating of about 15 to 20 degrees extra insulation. The sleeping bag should be very warm.
- Inflatable sleeping bags come in many colors. You can choose any color based on your preference. The color of the bag has no relation to its functions.
Right Zip or Left Zip?
- You can choose a sleeping bag that comes with either a right zip or a left zip depending on what you prefer. Many companies make inflatable sleeping bags with different positions of zips.
- If you buy a goose down sleeping bag, it has does not retain water. Inflatable sleeping bags that are water-resistant are usually more expensive than the other types that do not dry easily. If you want the goose down sleeping bag to keep its insulation, it should always be dry.
Bikers like to travel light and they would need inflatable sleeping bags that are very light to carry around. The goose down sleeping bags is much lighter to carry around. If you were to choose between the goose down and the synthetic sleeping bags, it would be a very difficult choice to make. The most important thing to consider is the temperature rating and insulation of the sleeping bags.
You have to figure out which sleeping bag will be more suitable for your camping trip. However, most people will prefer to get inflatable synthetic sleeping bags because they can dry easily and it is more versatile. However, it falls short when you consider the weight and its compressibility. The goose down sleeping bags will beat it in these areas.
An inflatable camping pad for sleeping can be best when you are planning to go out for a vocation. In case you wish to buy one then you should look at the guide as highlighted above as it can be of great help to you. Now, go out and find the perfect sleeping bag, and enjoy your journey without having to worry about whether or not your sleeping bag will survive the elements. Happy camping!