Scanning any documents and papers is essential when it comes to mailing them or taking a printout of them. With the advancement of technology, everything is getting wireless and hence portable too. Portable scanner printers are really a great innovation as you can easily carry these scanners from one place to another. They are no longer wired with your systems or other accessories. Be it for your business or for your residential needs, you must choose the best portable scanner and printer.
With so many options available, these days, it can be really difficult and confusing for you to choose one. Though at a glance all these portable scanners may look similar, the features and specifications vary from one scanner to another. So, to make it easier for you to choose the best one, our team has been doing the research and find out the top best portable scanner printers that are portable in nature and with various features below. This guide will help you with all the essential information in choosing the best.
- Our Top Picks:
- List of The Best Portable Printer and Scanner Reviews:
- 1. HP OfficeJet 250 All-in-One Portable Printer
- 2. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Document Scanner
- 3. CANON PIXMA iP110 Wireless Mobile Printer
- 4. Doxie Go SE Portable Scanner With Rechargeable Battery
- 5. HP OfficeJet 200 Portable Printer with Wireless & Mobile Printing
- 6. HP ENVY 4500 Wireless all-in-one Color Photo Printer
- 7. Canon MX492 Wireless All-in-One Small Printer
- 8. Brother MFC-J4620DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
- 9. Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Portable Color Scanner
- 10. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Color Duplex Document Scanner with Touch Screen
- Scanner and Printer Buying Guide
Our Top Picks:
List of The Best Portable Printer and Scanner Reviews:
1. HP OfficeJet 250 All-in-One Portable Printer
Enjoy scanning, copping and printing of any documents with this amazing HP all-in-one printer. It will help you to print whatever is needed from mobile or laptop with wireless connectivity. This scanner printer device comes with a 2.65 inch colored touchscreen. It is also equipped with an auto document feeder feature.
You can print from anywhere and everywhere using your tablet or mobile as it is portable in nature. You just have to download the free HP ePrint App in your Android phone for an easier operation. Also, it is highly durable and compact in nature that can easily fit in your backpack.
2. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 Document Scanner
Now you can simplify the management of your business document with this amazing ScanSnap scanner. It can help you to reduce the paper clutter besides taking a little storage space. With the help of USB or Wi-Fi, you can connect this portable scanner with your smartphones, tablets or your PC. It can organize your documents and de-clutter the pile of documents. It is surely one of the best portable document scanners available in the market.
3. CANON PIXMA iP110 Wireless Mobile Printer
Experience the best and most efficient wireless printing with this mobile printer. It is compatible with iPad, iPod touch as well as iPhone. You do not need any driver or any other software to complete the task. You can easily print anything and everything you want wirelessly.
It has a compact lightweight design which is really amazing for porting from one place to another easily. It comes with inbuilt wireless feature that will automatically connect to the nearby device saving lots of time.
4. Doxie Go SE Portable Scanner With Rechargeable Battery
The Doxie Go SE delivers the best and most efficient scanning experience. Scanning has never been this easy and simple before. You can take this anywhere with you as it runs on the rechargeable battery. All you have to do is simply insert the paper into the scanner and it will take a few seconds to scan and print any documents.
It can efficiently scan up to 400 pages in one charge. It can also store up to 4000 pages without the need to sync. You do not require any computer for operating this scanner. You can simply connect it to any mobile device and operate it easily.
5. HP OfficeJet 200 Portable Printer with Wireless & Mobile Printing
This is an amazing portable color printer that is specially designed for office as well as for home uses. You can easily print from your laptop as well as from the smartphone or tablet. Experience a quick and quiet operation with this printer.
You can enjoy borderless printing as well as wireless direct connectivity with this printer. Also, you will get a touchscreen feature with this printer. It has a compact size that can easily fit into your backpack. Thus, carrying it anywhere is easy.
6. HP ENVY 4500 Wireless all-in-one Color Photo Printer
Get a smooth and seamless printing and scanning experience with this amazing all-in-one color printer by HP. If you are looking for the best portable scanner printer, then this can be amazing. Now, you do not need wires to connect your printer to print any photos or documents. You can print wirelessly from your tablet, laptop, and smartphones. It saves both paper and time with the automatic two-sided printing feature. This is also quite compact in size which can easily be carried when traveling.
7. Canon MX492 Wireless All-in-One Small Printer
Save your space as well as time with this amazing portable small printer. You can take this anywhere with you, be it for your office or home. The air printing technology offers wireless connectivity for printing various documents and photos effortlessly from the laptop, tablet, and smartphone. You can also save a lot of time with the completely integrated auto document feeder.
8. Brother MFC-J4620DW All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
This is a smart and efficient portable printer and scanner which is excellent for domestic use as well as business use. It increases the productivity of your work with super high-speed technology. You can easily connect this scanner printer with your mobile phone, tablet or laptop. The auto document feeder handles the document easily. The 3.7 inches of touchscreen provides the best convenience to control the printer.
9. Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i Portable Color Scanner
It is a perfect scanner for your house or business. It is a simple and easy to use scanner with one-button operation. The compact design is surely the best thing. It can handle different sizes of papers easily and smoothly. It comes with OCR technology which can create the searchable PDFs and sort your files efficiently. The intelligent scan correction can process the image by auto color detection and crop. Surely this is the best portable scanner printer that you can buy for your office needs.
10. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 Color Duplex Document Scanner with Touch Screen
This scanner is another efficient one that can provide you with the best scanning result. Scanning documents has never been this easy as it is with this scanner. The portable scanner can be operated wirelessly with any iOS or Android devices. You can go through the intuitive quick menu for flexible operation. So, if you are looking for a portable and efficient scanner, then go for this one.
Scanner and Printer Buying Guide
Do you have a home office without an all-purpose scanner? If you haven’t added this item to your work tools, then you need to get one now. Printers are very useful for your home and office use. If you need to quickly print a document for something important, you don’t want to find yourself running around thinking of how you could use a printer right now.
When getting a printer, you should know that there are a lot of them in the market. You may find yourself confused trying to decide which product to buy and that is why we have made this guide. We will offer you advice on how to find the right printer to buy.
You may have your reasons for getting a printer and scanner. There are different types of printers and this will determine where you can use it.
What Purpose is Your Printer Serving?
- Home Printing
- Some printers are not designed for heavy work. If you just have to do a little printing at home, you will need a low volume printer. Usually, these types of printers can also print in color apart from the usual black and white print. The home printer to get is the inkjet printers but most people prefer to use laser printers because of their performance and durability.
- Office Printing
- Laser printers are the best option for office use. This printer can handle a large volume of work for long without shutting down. It has multi-purpose functions like scanning, copying, and faxing. It is your go-to option when looking for an all-purpose printer. The laser printer also has colored printers in case you need to print a colored document.
- Students Printing
- Students need printers especially for projects and other school assignments. The inkjet printers are affordable for students than laser printers. It can also serve them since they don’t do heavy volume printing.
- Photo Printing
- You can’t compare any other type of printer when it comes to color printing like the inkjet printer. Though if you get a cheap inkjet printer, you won’t get the best color quality. The only challenge with inkjet is that it doesn’t use a big cartridge and uses a lot of ink. If you have to do a lot of printing then get ready to buy a lot of ink for this printer. There are good brands of printers that you can get that comes with up to six ink pots that don’t have to always be changing ink as much as others.
What Are The Features of a Printer?
Another thing you should know about printers is that not all printers can scan, copy or fax documents.
Single Function Printers
- If you buy a single function printer, it will only be useful for printing your documents. If you have a separate scanner and do not need to get a multi-purpose printer, then this is for you.
- This is one of the popular printers that most people prefer. It comes with everything and you will get value for your money.
- The laser printers are super fast and can handle a large volume of printing. They are mostly good for regular office black and white printing. However, there are still laser printers that will print in color. The color print is good but not as perfect as the inkjet printer. Laser printers are the most affordable and are economical because it saves your ink. It has a large ink cartridge so you won’t run out of ink easily.
- The inkjet comes with a very sharp and great quality ink print. It is good if you want to print photos or images. The only thing is just the large ink consumption.
Does Printer Cost Matter?
It is best to buy a good quality printer for your work. You should not be tempted to get a cheap printer. Cheap printers are more expensive to manage. Their cartridges are expensive and in the long run, you will spend more money than the printer itself. When you want to buy a printer also check for the cost of the cartridge.
What To Look Out For Before Buying A Printer
If you want to enjoy the value of your money, there are some things you have to check for because of buying a new printer. Here are the important things to check.
- You will find three different ink cartridges configurations in the market today. They are:
- Two ink cartridges: This one has a black cartridge and an all-in-one color cartridge.
- Four ink cartridges: It has a black cartridge alongside three different cartridges in cyan, magenta, and yellow color.
- Inkwells: This printer uses ink directly from large, refillable wells. The inkwells are the most economical of three ink cartridges. They can print as large as 14,000 black pages or 11,200 pages in color which is worth up to two years printing without the need to refill the ink.
- The type of ink cartridge configuration to choose depends on what you want to use your printer to do. If you have a lot of printing to do with a few color printing, you can use the two ink cartridge.
- You will find three different ink cartridges configurations in the market today. They are:
- Laser printers are best when it comes to print quality but are expensive. Inkjet printers will give you good quality color prints depends on the type of inkjet printer you use. The quality of the ink, the printhead, and the printer’s driver are the things that will determine the quality of the print.
- You know how frustrating it is to stand by the printer waiting for your document to come out. If you have a lot of printing to do, you can’t afford to waste time. The printer speed is usually measured in pages per minute (PPM). You will find this written on the box of the printer when you are buying it. Printers are usually between 5PPM to 25PPM.
- Printers with WiFi support are usually very convenient because you don’t need to attach a USB to print and you can print from any location in your office. Most printers with WiFi also have the option of a USB port. Some printers support Bluetooth connectivity, Google cloud print, AirPrint, and many remote connections.
- Also, another thing to look out for is the type of paper that your printer accepts. Many printers cannot accept legal-sized papers and even their scanners can’t capture large paper size documents. There are some all in one printer that has a large scanner tray which will be able to shrink the size of the document to a PDF file.
- There are different sizes of printers depending on the space you have available for it. If you get a smaller printer however, you would not have the benefit of a large scanner tray.
There a lot of options to choose from when buying a printer. You should buy the one that fits your needs. Hopefully, this guide has explained everything about most designs of printers available in the market.
So, these are the top 10 best portable scanner printers which can be easily carried from one place to another. Each one of these can be used for your home use as well as for your office use. Besides looking for the features, you must also look for a scanner with a lightweight and compact size. Choose the best portable scanner printer that can provide you with smoothest and most efficient operation.