Music is a very important aspect of many people’s lives today. It is for this reason that the music software keeps on developing as technology advances. This software is not only of great use to musicians and people whose careers are based on music, but they are also for people that love good sounds.
Finding a portable USB audio mixer is the dream of many people today. However, the cost may seem to be too much for many people to afford. To others, the challenge is being able to choose the best mixer that can best suit their specific needs. When you are choosing an audio mixer, it is important to look beyond just the price. The specific features, the design, and even capabilities are important aspects of a mixer. The guide below gives the top 10 best portable USB audio mixers to help you when you are shopping for one:
- Our Top Picks
- List of The Best Portable USB Audio Mixers:
Our Top Picks
- VERSATILE & COMPACT - The perfect way to mix multiple sound sources incl. smart phones, tablets, computers, MP3 players, Amazon Echo, etc.
- Ultra-small mixer: East to carry and operate and mix multiple sound sources without limitation and boundary.
- USB or battery power mode: Powered by 5V/1A USB or 1.5V battery (AAA)
- Stereo 3 input / 2 output: It can connect 3 audio inputs at the same time Each track has an independent volume adjustment knob, which can be output by headphones and speakers.
- Function with 3 external sound input and 1 stereo output both for 3.5mm, volume control for each channel.
- Portable, Feature Packed Mixing Desk: 4 channel mixer with 1/4inches line level inputs, a high impedance input / switch for electric guitar and bass (DI), plus XLR inputs with 48V phantom power
- Connects to all Your Studio Equipment: Stereo (2) 1/4inches outputs connect to active monitors, amplifiers and recording devices; headphone output with independent level control
- Home Studio Recording Essentials: XLR inputs with gain trim and switchable high pass filters; Dual band EQ on channels 1 4; Multicolour LED metering for real time, visual level feedback
- Built in Studio Effects: 15 DSP effects with channel FX Sends and Master FX return level to adjust the volume of MultiMix 4 USB FX’s internal FX processor
- Perfect Capture: Class compliant (Mac & PC) USB audio interface records at 16 bit, 44.1/48 kHz resolution and sends computer audio to powered loudspeakers and headphones
- RECORD AND CONNECT TO PC: This personal mixer has a USB soundcard and audio interface to record and connect to MAC or PC and it has universal digital audio file compatibility. Can be used by beginners or studio professional applications
- LOW NOISE DESIGN: This portable 5 channel DJ console sound controller mixer has an ultra-low noise design with high headroom. It can mix, blend and create music with any audio equipment. It is extremely musical with 2-band EQ and Pan on each channel
- 5 CHANNELS: The device caters multiple device connectivity because it has 5 channels. It has 1 XLR / 1/4'' jack combo microphone input, 2 RCA stereo Inputs and 2 1/8'' (3.5mm) stereo output plus monitor jacks
- LED INDICATOR LIGHTS: The recording mixer has LED indicator lights and audio signal clips for user convenience. It has input selection, knobs, master volume controls, independent channel balance and high, plus, low-frequency adjustment
- 18V PHANTOM POWER: For the reliable power source, this DJ mixer comes with an 18V Phantom power supply. Includes USB wall adapter power supply and connection cable. It even has an integrated rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery with 500mAh 3.7V
- Versatile and Compact - The perfect way to mix multiple sound sources whenever and wherever you are (ideal for mixing audio/music from computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, Amazon Echo/Dot, mics and instruments)
- Stereo 3 in / 1 out Configuration - 3 stereo channels (3.5mm / 1/8") allows up to 5 mono input connections
- Signal Level - Gain knob allows input of multiple devices from mic to line level (high-sensitivity microphone recommended if using mics)
- Overload Indicators - LEDs will light up when signal level overloads mixer capacity; monitor for optimal audio performance
- Batter or USB power - Use USB power for a long term solution, or 2x AAA batteries when mobile (USB charger/cable not included; battery power requires top quality batteries, ex. Energizer Ultimate Lithium. Approx. battery life is 8 hours running time.)
- 6 CHANNEL: 6 channel mixer digital studio DJ mixing system has the ability to mix microphone audio and instrument like guitar/keyboard into one output signal. It features BUS audio control sound routing, MP3 digital audio file compatibility
- BLUETOOTH COMPATIBLE: Hassle-free audio streaming ability directly to the console unit. Mix your iPad, iPhone, Android smartphone music to your DJ session. This audio mixer allows you to wirelessly stream music tunes from Pandora/Spotify
- 6 INPUTS: Aside from bluetooth connectivity it also has a USB audio Interface for pc/flash drive reader connection, (4) XLR/14" combo audio LINE/mic inputs, 1/4" (6. 35mm) mono/stereo input. Works w/ smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer
- INDEPENDENT AUDIO CONFIGURATION: Equipped w/ rotary knobs and LED indicator lights to easily adjust the gain, high, low, fx/send, pan tone of each channel. Also has an LCD digital display w/ ID3 tag readout that displays song title/artist
- +48V PHANTOM POWER: For a reliable power source, the portable audio mixer USB has a +48V phantom power and comes w/ a wall power adapter. The mixer is great for professional DJ studio use, audio recording, on-stage performance, live gigs, karaoke
List of The Best Portable USB Audio Mixers:
1. BEHRINGER X32
This is the best USB mixer in the market today. Some of the special features of this mixer include the 25 motorized automated 100mm faders. The function of these faders is to ensure that the users are able to have an overview instantly, and also manage their scene effectively.
There are also dynamic individual LCD scribble strips that are on all buses and channels to ensure that music production is intuitive and easy.
2. Yamaha MG10XU 10-Input Stereo Mixer with Effects
There is a wide range of this type of mixer on the basis of the inputs you desire. In addition, the mixer is fitted with very good quality and high class A-D-PRE amps with an inverted Darlington circuit.
The main advantage of this feature is that the music produced is very good with smooth and clear bass and fat and natural soaring highs. It has one knob control to ensure that it is easy to control the mixer and set it to the desired specifics.
3. Allen & Heath USB Mixer
This is among the best USB mixers you can find in the market today. It is easy to place the mixer in a rack so that you are able to save on space. In addition, the other key features of this rack include the ability of PC and Mac users to use the USB port, the 4 stereo channels and even the 10 mono channels.
The music EQ section of the mixer is also very good and it is also flexible to meet the needs of the user. This is the best option for pros looking for a USB mixer.
4. Mackie PROFX30V2 mixer
The best feature about this mixer is that there is a wide range of models and designs that you can choose from. All these models have the ability to deliver very good quality sounds and their sonic performance is also top notch. There is a USB built-in interface.
The function of this very special and important feature is to enable the user to not only play their recorder music in sets but also busing the mix to a recording device. This is also a good choice for pros and people doing music production as a profession.
5. Numark lUSB DJ Mixer
This player enables the user to easily play their choice music from other recording devices, a phone, tablet, laptop and even a recorder. The mixer also allows the user to enjoy up to 4 channels when using it. It is designed in a club-style that not only suits turntables and other standard recording and audio sources, but it is also fitted with a USB feature for connection to the computer.
There is also a microphone that enables you to talk into the mix, making it very suitable for DJs.
6. Peavey Mixing Console
This is among the best USB mixers in the market today because it enables the user to access the 16 inputs available in the mixer. The microphone is designed in such a way to ensure that there is noise cancellation so that the audios produced are of the best quality.
This makes the mixer very efficient for use in both live recordings and also in studio recordings. It is very efficient with other features like a rugged console design and a universal switching power supply among others.
7. BEHRINGER XENYX X1222USB
This is analog mixer that is still among the best USB mixers you can find today. It has 4 very good quality preamps that are phantom powers, 4 studio grade compressors that are controlled using one knob and noise cancellation feature.
These features ensure that the mixer is very convenient for both a pro and a beginner to ensure that the sound produced is of the best quality. In addition to these features, the mixer produces musical and warm music due to the fact that it is designed as neo classic British 3-brand EQ.
8. Alto Professional
There is dynamic compression and a variety of 4 channels you can choose from when you are using this mixer. In order to have fun and make your work easier, it is possible to color code the knobs on the mixer so that it is both colorful and easy to distinguish between the knobs.
The microphone is also designed to cancel out noise so that the resulting audios are of the best quality and punchy. There are also different designs of this mixer that are best suited for different functions, and you can choose the one with features more attractive to you.
9. Pyle 3 Channel DJ Controller
This is also among the best USB mixers in the market today. Some of the important features of this mixer include compactness and versatility. This mixer is able to connect with all audio devices and can therefore be used both in the studio and at home to make music.
The mixer also has a rechargeable battery that can last up to 4 hours after a full charge to ensure that you have fun when making music.
10. BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UM2
This mixer has 2 USB ports that enable the user to record both instruments and microphones. Direct monitoring is an enabled feature in this mixer, where the users are able to experience clear performance of their audios without experiencing any lag or delays.
This makes it very suitable for professional DJs and music producers. Unlimited track count, dynamic automation and AU and VST plug-ins are also other features of this mixer.
Choosing the best mixer may be a little difficult especially for beginners. This does not mean that the pros have it all figured out, there are mixers that look good but end up being crap once you buy them and try them out. While the outward appearance may be one of the things to consider when buying a USB mixer, there are other things beyond that matter a lot.
The specific details of the mixer, the capabilities, the special features, and even the cost, are very important when you are shopping for a USB mixer.