Preparing for the upcoming winter? You can never claim to be appropriately prepared without the use and the incorporation of a propane heater. As its name suggests, this is a portable buddy heater that is basically powered by propane gas. It is hence able to serve you well in areas that lack electricity connection.
There are numerous brands and players who are engaged in the production of the heaters. This makes the task of finding the most suitable one for yourself quite daunting. We have prepared this guide and review to help you in arriving at a suitable purchase.
Top 5 Picks:
- PORTABLE HEATER: Portable propane heater designed for emergency heat, tents, campers, job sites, porches, decks, garages, tailgates, barns, sheds, ice fishing, hunting blinds, and more
- HEAT SPACE: Perfect for heating enclosed spaces up to 225 square feet
- PROPANE GAS: For use with propane gas; Runs off a 1-pound cylinder of propane and can connect directly to a 20 pound cylinder with optional hose and filter
- FEATURES: Includes Piezo igniter, Accidental tip-over safety shut-off, swivel regulator and fold-down handle, and hi and low heat settings
- SPECIFICATIONS: 4,000 or 9,000 BTU per hour; Run time (max BTU): 3 hours; Run time (min BTU): 6 hours; Heating technology type: Radiant; Power type: Propane; Indoor safe: Yes; Fuel consumption/burn rate (Gal/Hr): 4,000 BTU = 0.044 gal/hr, at 9,000 BTU = 0.099 gal/hr; Dimensions (L x W x H): 14.25 x 9 x 15 inches; Weight: 10.6 pounds; Quantity: 2
- Indoor-safe portable propane heater for rooms up to 95 square feet. THIS UNIT IS NOT INTENDED FOR GOLF CART USE OR FOR MOTORIZED VEHICLES.
- Continuous odor-free, 45-degree heating angle. Maximum Elevation (Ft) 7000 Feet. Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS). Perfect solution for heating small enclosed spaces like tents up to 95 square feet
- Simple on/off buttons; uses 1-pound disposable propane cylinder (not included). Run time at minimum btu and maximum btu is 5.6 hours. Do not operate heater in any moving vehicle. This heater requires a vent area of 4 square inches minimum for adequate ventilation during operation
- Low-oxygen sensor and accidental tip-over switch with auto shut-off for safety.THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
- Recommended for emergency heat, tents, campers, workshops, job sites, porches, patios, decks, garages, storage buildings, picnics, tailgate parties, construction trailers, sporting events, barns, sheds, hunting blinds, shelters and ice fishing shanties
- 4,000 or 9,000 BTU per hour/ For use with propane gas/Heats up to 225 sq. ft.
- Single control start knob/ Hi-Low heat settings / Swivel regulator
- Fold down handle / Accidental tip-over safety shut-off/ Includes Piezo igniter
- Runs off a 1 lb. cylinder/ Connects directly to a 20 lb. cylinder with optional hose and filter
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
List of The Best Portable Buddy Heaters Reviews:
8. Mr. Heater Propane Big Buddy Portable Heater w/ Water Res Bag & 10′ Propane Hose
This heater contains settings which you may use to vary the output of the heating as need be. The settings range from the high to the medium to the low heat options. They are jointly able to generate 4,000 to 9,000 to 18,000 BTUs of heat output per hour.
Overall, the appliance is able to heat up to 400 square feet of space. All this is managed by a single control start knob that is easier to engage. An oxygen depletion sensor exists to detect and respond appropriately to the varying levels of oxygen in the room wherein it is installed.
7. Mr. Heater MH18B BIG Buddy Indoor Safe Propane Heater with Adapter
Have some emergency use and applications in mind? This is the heater to place your bet on. It is on the whole designed and approved for emergency indoor and outdoor applications. That is due to its ability to make use of the automatic low oxygen shut-off mechanism.
An accidental tip-over safety shut-off exists for your own safety and added peace of mind. In all, the heater is able to impact a whopping 400m square feet of space. This is not to mention that it connects directly to disposable cylinders that have a capacity of 1 pound each.
6. Mr. Heater F232010 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater (Green)
Searching for a heater for your mild heating tasks? This is the one to set your eyes on. It is able to exude a decent heat output of just about 4,000-9,000-BTUs. Thus, it is a great one to look up to in the fall and spring as the temperatures at such times are not really that adverse.
In all, this piece of equipment works great in the recreational vehicles and those circumstances that demand milder quantities of heat output. All factors considered, its output is somewhat moderate. It is hence unlikely to desiccate the room occupants or endanger their lives.
5. Mr. Heater F232025 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Portable Radiant Heater
For your own safety and utmost convenience, you want a heater that is able to burn some clean energy and gases. Choose to work with this one. It is touted as nearly 100% efficient insofar as the burning of the gas fuel is concerned. Then again, it comes as a strong and durable item indeed.
The item is able to impact a whopping 200 square feet of space for you. On the same note, it also exudes 4,000- to 9,000-BTUs of radiant heat. Its heavy-duty wire guard exists to facilitate your own safety and that of the interior room occupants.
4. Mr. Heater MH12B Hunting Buddy Portable Space Heater
Want to accrue some light output as well? Choose to work with this heater. It is also bright enough to allow for the production of the light output. Also, it comes along with a swivel regulator and a single control respectively. These two give you the power to alter the brightness as need be.
Thanks to its automatic low oxygen shut-off system, the heater shall automatically switch off in the event that the oxygen levels are too low for you. Also coming along is the accidental tip-over safety shut-off. As you may have guessed, this one upholds your safety and added peace of mind.
3. Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy 3800-BTU Indoor Safe Propane Heater
Is your room cramped up? There is no need to settle for a powerful heater. On the flip side, only one that is similarly small, compact, and moderately strong as this one may be of help to you. It is able to impact a paltry 95 square feet of space.
Its heating output and impacts are characterized by a continuous odor-free and 45-degree heating angle. These make the appliance a perfect solution for heating the small and enclosed spaces like tents and cabins. Have we also stated that it is simpler to operate by virtue of the simple on/off buttons?
2. Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater
Are you constantly on the go? We have a surprise here for you. This heater is designed for regular movements as is evidenced by the ease with which it may be handled and transported. Some of the parts, traits, and features that make this possible are the fold-down handle and the swivel-out regulator.
When all factors are taken into account, the heater is able to burn almost all gas fuels. That makes it somewhere near 100% efficiency. The use of steel, plastic, and the Nickel materials add up to make it stronger and longer-lasting.
1. Mr. Heater Corporation MH18B Portable Propane Heater
Want to leverage continuous and reliable heating outcomes and applications? Choose a brand that is highly reputable and has been known to deliver an exceptional performance like this one. Indeed the RED Mr. Heater Buddy has never let any person down for ages past. It is particularly outstanding due to its safety track record.
On the whole, the heater is able to exude heat outputs of 4,000, 9,000, or the 18,000 BTU per hour! These heat outputs are able to impact 450 square feet of space. It is also packed with high, medium, and low heat settings. Jointly, they put in firm control of the heating outcomes and performances.
Considering the significance of staying warm in the winter, you can never gamble with the kind of portable buddy heater you pick for the job. That is why we strongly recommend that you read, understand, and internalize the insights we have generously dished out above. They are well able to let you know the best pick for the job.
As you hunt for your most suitable heater, factor the heating output, the controls, and the kinds of environments where you might want to deploy one for yourself. They all have a bearing on the kind of experience you might possibly accrue in the course of use.