Oak barrels are made of American white oak or French common oak and white oak and have standard sizes. Oak whiskey barrels have three great effects on the spirits they make. In terms of an additive, it adds to the aroma and taste of the spirit by giving it preferred elements from the cask.
There is a wide range of varieties of oak whiskey barrels, and it may become confusing on the preference you will need. For this reason, this manual will come in handy in enabling you to have an idea of all the types available and leave you to purchase the one you require.
Table Of Contents
- List of The Best Oak Whiskey Barrels Reviews:
- 1. Custom Whiskey Barrel-Personalized Wine Barrel-Engraved Oak Two Liter Barrel
- 2. Personalized-Customized American White Oak Aging Barrel (two liters of size)
- 3. MGP Oak wood Whole Wine Barrel
- 4. 2-Liter Whiskey Oak Barrel for Aging-Golden Oak Barrel with Black Steel Hoops
- 5. American Oak Barrel
- 6. 2.6 gallon American Oak Aging Whiskey Barrel
- 7. Premium Charred American Oak Aging Barrel
- 8. 5.3 Gallon American White Oak Aging Barrel
- 9. Personalized-custom Engraved Premium Oak Aging Barrels
- 10. Personalized Wine Oak Aging Barrels
- Oak barrels are treated in the following manner:
List of The Best Oak Whiskey Barrels Reviews:
1. Custom Whiskey Barrel-Personalized Wine Barrel-Engraved Oak Two Liter Barrel
This barrel is the perfect and most advised wine or liquor connoisseur in a person’s life. It provides a great birthday gift, celebrations of the home, weddings, and groomsmen. The barrel can be used to store any spirit and is fully operational.
It is a 2-liter steel banded cask that comes with a stand, bung, and spigot, making it easy to fill and serve. Every barrel has enclosed sides.
2. Personalized-Customized American White Oak Aging Barrel (two liters of size)
This is a handcrafted American white oak aging barrel. Its engravings are made from laser rays.
It has steel loops that are black in color plus two liters in size. This barrel is highly recommended for aging honey, tequila, rum, beer, wine, spirits, vinegar, and spirits.
3. MGP Oak wood Whole Wine Barrel
This oak barrel is originated from the Pacific Northwest. They are attractive to the eyesight with character marks and stains, which can maintain their beauty, or you can also craft them to anything of your delight. They possess a unique look average 26 in width and 3 feet tall.
These were initially 59-gallon barrels and originate from the state of Washington. We take off debris and dirt both inside and outside. Each barrel is different from the other.
4. 2-Liter Whiskey Oak Barrel for Aging-Golden Oak Barrel with Black Steel Hoops
This is a two-liter-sized wine barrel. It possesses black steel hoops. Each barrel is accompanied by a pre-installed oak spigot with a valve made of aluminum, a premium stand, and a cork bung.
Every stand has an intricate bevel in the wood vanished to improve its appearance together with metallic rivets on either side and blank on the opposite side to give you the choice of choosing what you desire. We offer engravings made from laser rays but at an extra charge. You can either choose one of our renowned designs, or it can be of your own.
5. American Oak Barrel
This is a two-liter whiskey barrel. It is handcrafted by the best American workforce to fit your needs and desires. The craftsmen take from the olden tradition, which was referred to as coopering. To build and assemble a wooden barrel without the use of nails or glue and put your trust in it to hold liquid without dripping is a pure experience.
This astonishing miracle can only be made possible with extensive knowledge of the idea and a long-term experience by the craftsmen.
6. 2.6 gallon American Oak Aging Whiskey Barrel
This is a handmade barrel that is made using American white oak. It has a medium charred internal area with steel hoops that are black in color. It is highly advisable to age your tequila, rum, beer, whiskey, and spirits, or it could as well be used to decorate your home due to its splendid appearance.
7. Premium Charred American Oak Aging Barrel
This is a 2 liters barrel that has no engravings on it. It adds a sweet flavor to your wine, tequila, scotch, rum, bourbon, and whiskey. It ages its content super-fast and enhances the smooth taste and aroma in just a few days.
Moreover, this includes instructions, funnel, bung, spigot, stand, and a barrel. It is recommended for making signature cocktails and customized flavors. It can be reused again and again.
8. 5.3 Gallon American White Oak Aging Barrel
This is a handcrafted white oak wooden barrel of American origin. It has steel hoops that are black in color. Its interior is medium charred. Age vinegar, tequila, honey, rum, beer, whiskey, and spirits are recommended. It can also be used as a home decorator.
9. Personalized-custom Engraved Premium Oak Aging Barrels
This is a two-liter-sized barrel handcrafted by highly trained craftsmen and has engravings made by using laser rays. It has hoops that are black in color and made from steel.
It is medium charred on its inside highly recommended for brewing vinegar, tequila, honey, rum, beer, whiskey, and spirits. Also, it can be used as a home decorator.
10. Personalized Wine Oak Aging Barrels
This wine barrel has 20 liters in capacity. Built with the engravings made by the use of laser rays. It has hoops that are black in color and made from steel. It is medium charred on its inside highly recommended for brewing vinegar, tequila, honey, rum, beer, whiskey, and spirits. You can also use this as a decoration for your home.
Oak barrels are treated in the following manner:
- First, rinse the barrel four to five times to get any wood particles out of the barrel.
- Then, insert the spigot in the front of the wooden barrel and firmly fasten by use of the hand. It is advisable not to use a hammer as u may tamper with the wood.
- Finally, pour in hot water and maintain it till no leakages are visible.
Over time, after filling and curing the barrel two to three times, the effects of the oak will fall. Because of this, it is generally accepted that the barrels be reused the following times for a given specific spirit; bourbon 4 times and wine 1 time.
When buying a wooden whiskey barrel of your choice, it will be much easier to use this guide as it has all the types available in the market and their specific qualities. Make sure you have a clear picture of the barrel you require before making a purchase. Some of the main features to consider are the size of the barrels, the type of engravings on them, the color, and many more other specifications that are available in this manual.